2FA - would like ability to paste secret instead of using QR code

OnePassUser
OnePassUser
Community Member

The ability to add 2FA secret by scanning QR code is pretty nifty. Is there the ability to "can't do QR code", use secret key? I have most of my 2FA in Authy and would like to import them into 1P by adding the secret key instead of doing the 2FA process all over again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @OnePassUser

You can paste in the TOTP secret into the one-time password field, like this:

To add the one-time password field, click the "+ add more" button, then "One-Time Password".

Hope that helps! :)

— Grey

• OnePassUser
    OnePassUser
    Community Member

Ah, I see. Super. I suggest perhaps having an addition to the documentation that highlights this ability. Thanks!

• Thanks @OnePassUser We may need to surface this better. Did you find this specific page (below) or was this mainly from within the app and you'd like to see something like a tooltip?

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

If you can’t scan the QR code, most sites will give you a string of characters you can copy and paste instead.

• OnePassUser
    OnePassUser
    Community Member

@ag_tommy yes, that's the docs I was reading to find out if there was a way to do this. I think most people use QR codes and only advanced techies would do the secret route.

• Gotcha, and may thanks for the followup. I would agree with that assessment.

This discussion has been closed.