Chrome for MacOS plugin opens desktop app

Hello,

Not too long ago I either updated my 1Password Chrome plugin, and/or the Mac app. After this, every time I try to unlock 1Password in Chrome, it opens the desktop app and asks me to fill out the password to unlock 1P in that app, instead of in Chrome, whilst before I could simply enter the password in Chrome itself without being redirected to the desktop app. I would like to go back to that way of working, because it's very annoying to constantly being pushed automatically from Chrome to my desktop, and after the entry of my password having to manually find my way back to Chrome again...

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Monterrey 12.5
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• @geek

It may be that the Chrome updated recently. It did for me. It could also be that 1Password in the browser updated for you. Please try the following.

1. Fully quit Chrome.
    2. Open Chrome and check for updates. This should also give 1Password a change to reconnect.
    3. Install any updates.

--

If the above it not helpful, try the following.

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
      • Press Command and Q 1Password should lock and close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
This discussion has been closed.