iOS app tabs - How to use?

Options
shhh
shhh
Community Member
edited February 2023 in iOS

Excuse the silly question but as I use the iPhone app, especially the latest beta build with the search field at the top of all lists, I find myself confused how to set up each tab.

1. Home - Tips, Pinned fields, Favorites, Recently Used, Frequently used, Recently Created, Recently Modified
  2. Items - All Items (fixed, cannot disable), Categories, Vaults, Archive, Tags, Recently Deleted (fixed, cannot disable)
  3. Search - No options here, simply searches across all vaults & categories
  4. Watchtower - Not relevant to this discussion

All lists offer the option to sort items by the same set of fields (Title, Date Created, Date Modified, Frequently Used, Recently Used), newest first or oldest first.

Having said this, when should we use one tab over the other? They all pretty much offer the same functionality - Search for the item you need and open it for view or edit.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• shhh
    shhh
    Community Member
    Options

Any ideas?

• Hello @shhh! 👋

The four different tabs in 1Password for iOS each give you different tools to manage and view your data:

• Home: The Home screen allows you a choice of several lists to surface items that are favourites, recently used, and more. This screen is customizable and all yours. You choose which fields to pin to Home and which sections you'd like to see.
    • Items: Items is a straightforward listing of your items and can be customized depending on whether you'd like to see additional information such as Recently Deleted or your Vaults.
    • Search: This tab gives you access to search with just one tap of your finger no matter where you are in the app. Even if you have another item open you can always get back to search in one tap.
    • Watchtower: Watchtower alerts you to security problems with the websites that you use so that you can keep all your accounts safe.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• shhh
    shhh
    Community Member
    Options

Search and Watchtower are great, since they provide unique functionality. I can't help but feel that Home and Items have a significant overlap in functionality and UI components so they could have been combined into a single tab. Just my 2c. Thanks.

• @shhh

You can think of Home as the tab to use for quick access to certain types of items (such as your favourites or pinned fields). Items is what you use when you need to scroll through all of your items in a more basic list.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.