Tabbar in Beta 8.10.1 on iPhone 13 doesn't work - system language related [Fixed now in 8.10.3]

viswiz
viswiz
Community Member
edited March 2023 in iOS

Since installing beta 8.10.1 on an iPhone 13 I can't switch to items or search tabs only watchtower and home are accessible. Clicks/touches on items or search are ignored. Further investigantions show that this seems to be caused by the selected system language. Using German as default language the tabs are not working. Switching the iPhone to English the tabbar works as expected.

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• christophev
    christophev
    Community Member

Same here with French language, on iPhone 14 Pro Max with same 1Password version and same iOS version.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Same here!

Using new beta 8.10.1-1 on iPhone 12 Pro Max with German language. It is only possible to switch between Home and Watchtower. Other buttons are not working correctly.

Switched back to 8.10.0-52 and the buttons are working again.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

Thanks folks we've got an issue filed for this behavior. Apologies for the trouble. We'll do our best to get this fixed up as soon as possible.

ref: dev/core/core#20138

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks, @ag_tommy !

Just installed latest beta build 8.10.1-19. Now only the search button doesn't work in German language! Clicking the search button is showing Home. You can use all other 3 buttons at the bottom, but not the search button.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member

@ag_tommy after updating to 8.10.1-19 the behavior is now slightly different. Home and watchtower work as expected. Search returns to home. Items doesn't work at all.
    Sometimes search works after force quitting 1PW.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Now only the search button doesn't work in German language!

I have to correct myself. Only buttons that are working are Home and Watchtower in German language. Switching the app into English language works.

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member

Hi,

Same here 8.10.1, french language

• SMelro
    SMelro
    Community Member

Hi

Same with 8.10.1 and iOS 16.4, portuguese language

• Thanks @SMelro

I've added your report to the tracker.

• RickS
    RickS
    Community Member

Same with 8.10.1-19 iOs 16.4 and Italian language on iPhone 14 Pro Max

• Thanks @RiskS

• Zayatoshi
    Zayatoshi
    Community Member

Hi. I am on IOS 16.4, with the latest beta 1Password 8.10.1 installed.

The search no longer works. When you click on the magnifying glass, the search does not appear and remains blocked.

I have this problem with the last two betas.

With last week's latest official version 8.10.1, there is no problem with the search.

This problem is only with the beta.

It is impossible to search these site notes etc...

• @Zayatoshi

You might be experiencing this issue (link below). Would you be so kind as to let me know if that's the case? If so, I can get you added to the known issue. Thanks. https://1password.community/discussion/138166/tabbar-in-beta-8-10-1-on-iphone-13-doesnt-work-system-language-related#latest

• Zayatoshi
    Zayatoshi
    Community Member

Yes same problem.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

Thanks @Zayatoshi

I'll get you added to the issue. My apologies. we've got work ongoing. Keep an eye out for future betas. I've also merged the topics.

• Zayatoshi
    Zayatoshi
    Community Member

No problem, the betas are made for that.

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member

Same here. You are right. Betas are made for this. The error exists already for two versions.

Unfortunately my error message was „ignored“

• @BKrnk

Odd, was that what was shown to you? It's likely not important but you've got me curious now. May I ask what language your device is using?

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

@ag_tommy

I use German as my device language. If I go back to the Beta version 8.10.0 (81000052) I can use the tabbar (I hope this is the correct name) again without problems.

Furthermore i sent a video to your developer/ support mail to show the behaviour.

Another questions:
    What is the preferred way to share feedback, bugs or request? I sent mails via the TestFlight app about this behavior in the second youngest versions. But never got feedback. I think you would prefer this forum right?

• You're always welcome to share feedback here or via our support email. Typically, before I stepped behind the curtain as an employee I always preferred the community as it gave me a way to say, oh, hey, me too sort of thing. The developers also tend to be present in the community. You might even talk to some of them. But ether method will work just fine.

• dragon1
    dragon1
    Community Member

Bug went into final! what's going on with your quality control?

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

It is totally unacceptable that a version with this known serious bug has been released! Many of my older relatives don't speak English and are now unable to use 1Password. Whatever happened to AgileBits during the development of 1PW8 it was a change for the worse.
    Just changed my AppStore review to 1 star!

• Hi all,

This is to inform you that the bug has been fixed and update should be available in the App Store anytime now. We are also investigating our processes to see how this slipped through in the first place. At first report of this, it should have been fixed before release.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin !

Will a fixed beta build also be available? Actually, there is still beta build 8.10.1-19 available. 🤔

• Hi @DenalB,

Yep, we're in process of building the next beta as we speak. It'll be 8.10.3-xx.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Great, @MikeT ! Looking forward to it ... 👍

• @denalb, it should be up now or in progress of being deployed to everyone on TestFlight.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@MikeT , just got the update to build 8.10.3-1 and the issue is fixed. 👍

• That's great, thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.