The application "1Password" is not open anymore

Options
tmchow
tmchow
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Mac

Suddenly yesterday I started getting this error when trying to open 1Password from the app in the Application folders, invoking from spotlight or Raycast.

The 1password processes are running

if I try to open the 1P chrome extension it's able to lookup stuff in my vaults. If I hit "Edit" on an item via the chrome extension, the 1password app will open!

Anyone have a solution for this?

1Password Version: 8.10.1 (81001019)
Extension Version: 2.8.0
OS Version: MacOS 13.2 Ventura
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @tmchow

Can you check to see if you have an additional copy of 1Password on your device? I've never seen this from 1Password 8. Check for any additional drives that may contain older copies of 1Password.

Assuming that you do not, I'd like to get you into email support so we can try to determine what is happening. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

If you can open the app:

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

--

If you're unable to open the app the following instructions will help you locate our log files. Please send them over in lieu of the report.

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
    3. Click Go to Folder.
    4. In the new pop-up window that appears paste:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data

5. Press return on your keyboard.

6. Find the folder titled `logs' and right-click on it.
    7. Click Compress "logs".
    8. Attach the logs.zip file that is created to your reply.

Attach the requested files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: tmchow
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138292/the-application-1password-is-not-open-anymore#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy to solve this before your reply, I reinstalled 1Password 8 beta so not sure if that undid some state that may have caused the problem. I did not have multiple copies of 1password installed.

I did your instructions though to send diagnotic to support and this is the support case # WVJ-54234-412

• @tmchow

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will review the diagnostics report and get back to you as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: WVJ-54234-412

This discussion has been closed.