I deleted the one time password from 1password for a website, can I recover it?

BobGuzman
BobGuzman
Community Member

1password was not providing one-time password when logging in to a site. I (foolishly) deleted 1 time password for the site and figured I would redo it. However, website wants the six digit code to ensure it is me. Of course I cannot access it. Help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:2fa

Comments

• @BobGuzman

You should be able to restore a previous version of the item. It should contain what you'd need. Assuming you use 1Password.com.

👀 💾 View and restore previous versions of items

• BobGuzman
    BobGuzman
    Community Member

@ag_tommy , it is not password, rather 1-time password for 2fa. Also, I do not see any history

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

Please make sure you are using 1Password.com. You'd be looking to restore an item to a previous version.

To restore a previous version of an item on 1Password.com:

Open the vault that contains the item you want to restore to a previous version.
    Select the item, then click View Item History
    Click View next to one of the entries to see the contents of that version of the item.
    Click Restore.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

It should look something like my test item. When you have it selected you'll see something like the following. You can restore the entire item using the restore button in the upper right-hand corner. A rollback in time if you will.

Entry with TOTP

No TOTP.

• Testing item used for the screenshot. It does not contain actual data or secrets.
This discussion has been closed.