after upgrading to ipassword8, my password will no longer work on macbook pro.

Options
tjbrucenc
tjbrucenc
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Mac

since the upgrade, i have not been able to login only on my macbook. my password is still valid on my iphone and at the website. i tried to unistall and reinstall on macbook pro. same result. it should be noted that at one time i installed ipassword and lost my login info. i had to delete the db and start from scratch. is the new install looking to the old authorization info? i don't know what to look for to delete. help. when i try to install the extension in chrome or launch the app independently. same result.

1Password Version: ipassword8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:after upgrading to ipassword8, my password won't work on macbook pro.

Comments

• @tjbrucenc

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device where we can check what's happening.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: tjbrucenc
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138306/after-upgrading-to-ipassword8-my-password-will-no-longer-work-on-macbook-pro

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• tjbrucenc
    tjbrucenc
    Community Member
    Options

done. no bitbot code yet....

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

@tjbrucenc

It's here. Someone will be with as soon as possible.

edit: I replied earlier. Please let me know via email if you have any questions. To prevent duplication of efforts I'm going to close this discussion in favor of the email exchange.

ref: LKS-12462-397

This discussion has been closed.