Can 1Password 8 save a filled-in web form?

Ward
Ward
Community Member

In earlier releases of 1Password, I could fill in fields in a general web form (e.g., something other than a login form), and 1Password would let me create a new item with all of the form fields and my field values. Later, I could open the webpage, and 1Password would fill in the form just like it does with a username & password form.

In 1Password 8, "+ New Item" offers a lot of choices, with "Login" seeming like the closest to a general web form. But the new item doesn't grab anything from the current webpage.

Can I use 1Password 8 with general web forms?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari 16.3

Comments

• Hi @Ward,

If you're using the 1Password browser extension, try filling in your data and then saving via the inline prompt:

Using the above as an example, saving via the inline menu includes additional data that was entered:

In case it's helpful, you can also add additional custom fields when editing an item in the 1Password app:

Give those a try and let me know how things go! 🙂

• Ward
    Ward
    Community Member

Thanks, @andrew.l_1P, for your detailed example.

When I tried to mimic those steps on a couple of web forms, I was unable to get the "Save in 1Password" button to appear. For example, click the "Begin Registration" button on this page to see a simple event registration form: https://curtislibrary.libcal.com/event/10186723

• @Ward

In the event that the Save in 1Password pop-up doesn't appear, you can right-click the 1Password icon in the toolbar of your browser and click Save Login, or right-click a blank area of the page and choose 1Password – Password Manager > Save Login.

Let me know if that works for you. :)

• Ward
    Ward
    Community Member

@GreyM1P

Before opening this discussion, I'd tried clicking on the 1Password button Safari's toolbar, clicking the "+ New Item" button, and then choosing "Login". This simply presents a window with nothing filled in from the page.

I was unaware of right-click > Save Login. It does just what I want. Using the contextual menu in the body of the page (right-click > 1Password > Save Login) is great, saving a trip to the tiny 1Password button in the toolbar!

• Ward
    Ward
    Community Member

@andrew.l_1P and @GreyM1P

I've found a contact form where 1Password does not offer a right-click Save Login from either the Safari toolbar button or the body of the page: Marcel Bresink Software-Systeme Feedback and Support

• Hi @Ward,

Glad to hear Grey's suggestions were helpful! I wasn't able to reproduce this on the website you shared:

By chance is your 1Password browser extension locked? It'll need to be unlocked in order for these options to appear. Let me know what you find. 🙂

• Ward
    Ward
    Community Member

@andrew.l_1P

It's also working for me now. I tried it several times before posting my report. I'll be more patient (and Restart) the next time.

• Hi @Ward, thanks for the update! It's good to hear that things are working now. We'll be around if you need anything else. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.