Can 1Password be used by my social media team?

Can I use the business option to allow my team members to login to my social media accounts without seeing the passwords?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @CoachCheryl,

1Password Business does provide granular user and group permissions & client settings on vaults that can help with your use case. One such client setting is View and Copy Passwords. If a user or group lacks this client setting for a shared vault, they will not be able to view or copy any of the password fields for saved items stored in that vault inside any of the 1Password applications or web extensions. This means that your team members will still be able to use 1Password in the browser to fill those passwords on the sign-in pages of websites and services.

As great as a feature this is, it should be viewed mainly as a deterrent, as we can only guarantee true compliance within the 1Password ecosystem of applications and web extensions. When 1Password is invoked by a team member to fill this password into a browser, they might still obtain the password by using the developers’ tools on that web page, or by clicking the "Show password" icon from the webpage itself.

We cover this and more in this support article and our Security Design white paper.

This discussion has been closed.