Migration Assistant Fails to Transfer 1Password 8

Options
wintermute1
wintermute1
Community Member

I used migration assistant and it transferred all my accounts and apps. The one that is not functional is 1Password 8, for which I have a subscription. This is maddening, as 1Password is working on all my iOS devices, but not on my new M2 MacBook Pro 14. I am able to log into the my.1Password.com account and find my data - which is also accessible on my iPads and iPhone 14 Pro Max.

The 1Password App is installed, and shows on the menu bar. When I put in my password it fails with a complex error code "dump" that it instructs me to email to apple (which I have done). I have tried deinstalling the app with CleanMy Mac X - both when I migrated, and then again this morning. No luck. I assume there is a simple fix for this, and would like guidance on what to do next. Before this situation 1Password was working flawlessly.

Please help.

1Password Version: 1Password 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:One password app error

Comments

• Hi there @wintermute1

Uninstalling 1Password probably won't have also cleared out 1Password's data folder, so you should reset 1Password on your new Mac by following the steps shown here:

How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device - Mac

Then, when you open 1Password again, you'll be asked to sign in to your account and it'll download your data directly from 1Password.com. Let me know how that works out for you. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.