How to auto-fill for iOS app that is a web wrapper?

Options
TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member

I use an iOS app "Unleashed" (Ruckus Unleashed, for my WiFi access points), which appears to be a thin wrapper on a web view. When I tap in the username field of the app to login I get the iOS slide up keyboard and the "passwords" key for 1Password. But when I tap that "passwords" button 1Password opens up but has no suggestions and I don't see any visual indicator of the "website" that 1Password thinks is being used. So I can't figure out how to create a credential that would be auto-suggested for this app.

1Password Version: 8.1.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.3
Browser:_ Native iOS app

Comments

• @TravelSD,

The Unleashed developer would need to support Associated Domains in order for iOS to give us the context needed to show you the appropriate items directly. Without that support in their app the OS tells us nothing about the context being filled into.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a way to see if the app already has an associated domain?

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

@TravelSD

As my colleague Rudy mentioned, Password AutoFill will match the apps that you use to your login items in 1Password by taking the domain associated with an app and comparing it against the website URL in your login items. If there is a match then Password AutoFill will offer to fill your login information.

If your login item is not being suggested for a particular app then you can add the app's associated domain to your login item in 1Password. When you tap on the username or password field in an app you'll see the Password AutoFill prompt appear (above your keyboard), tap on the prompt and then search for the appropriate login item. Then, tap on that Login Item and tap Fill & Update Login.

1Password will add the app’s associated domain to the Login Item so that, the next time you try to login to that app, Password AutoFill will suggest the right login.

If you don't see Fill & Update Login when you search for and tap on a Login Item then it means that the developer of that app hasn't added an associated domain and there is nothing for Password AutoFill to use to match the app to a Login item in 1Password. This means that you'll need to search for the correct Login item. You can also contact the developer of an app to have them add a specific URL as an associated domain for their app so that you don't need to manually add another URL to your login items: Supporting Associated Domains | Apple Developer Documentation

-Dave

• @TravelSD,

if their site is CommScope.com then its not looking likely https://www.commscope.com/.well-known/apple-app-site-association

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy That is the manufacturer....the URL doesn't load for me though.

• @TravelSD

the URL doesn't load for me though.

That's an indicator that they haven't set the Associated Domain. If they had, that link wouldn't give error 404 as it does at the moment. It looks like they'll need to set the Associated Domain in their app using the documentation Dave referred to further up this thread. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.