Change suggestion

rr4242
rr4242
Community Member

Hi there.

I realy like 1password, but after going from 1p7 to 1p8, there are some annoying things (+other not annoying, but like to change things).

So if an 1password employee could read it over and hopefully take it to the suggestion box so that it maybe can be made in the future... :)

Windows app
1) Order of fields: It’s no longer possible to change the order of the fields & sections. Think this was possible before with a shortcut key (alt+arrow?)
2) Search: A setting option to switch “ctrl+enter” with “enter” when searching. I really don’t like how the default search is doing it (search->enter text->enter)
3) Field display: Previous 1password had field name + field value on same lines. Now it’s value under name. Don’t like it. Can we a have a setting option to change this.
4) Copy field content on click: When a field is clicked, the content of that field is copied (which is good). At the bottom of the app a flashing message 'Copied..'. Suggestion: make it so that the flashing is where I clicked or on the field I copied. Optionally: make this an setting option.
5) Click an url: clicking an url, makes it 'open and fill'. Can I have an setting option to have this changed to 'copy' - while still have the ability to 'open and fill' and other menu items in the drop-down like now

Browser plugin
6) Search: When you click the small icon (in chrome, up to the right) to activate the plugin a mini version of 1password pops out and goes to the search field of it. But…. If 1password was locked, a login screen comes – and after authenticated it goes back to where you where – but the search field is not activated. Suggestion: make search field active even after authenticated
7) Shortcut to activate this mini version of 1password? Maybe I’ve overlooked how to do that? Guide me please. In 1password7+browser plugin there was a mini version that popped out @mouse position. Can I get that?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited February 2023

Hello @rr4242!

Thanks for your message. I'll create a list below of your requests to let you know where we're at, or if we need some further details:

Windows app
    1) Order of fields: It’s no longer possible to change the order of the fields & sections.

This has recently been added to 1Password 8 version 8.10.0. Editing an item will allow you to drag fields to a preferable position.

2) Search: A setting option to switch “ctrl+enter” with “enter” when searching. I really don’t like how the default search is doing it (search->enter text->enter)

This has been requested by some other customers and I've included your feedback for the team.

ref: 31169434

3) Field display: Previous 1password had field name + field value on same lines. Now it’s value under name. Don’t like it. Can we a have a setting option to change this.

I've taken a look back and the field title and values in version 7 and they are same as version 8, whereas the field title appears above field value. If I'm not understanding this request correctly, could you provide some more details about why the field name + field value on same line would be useful to you?

4) Copy field content on click: When a field is clicked, the content of that field is copied (which is good). At the bottom of the app a flashing message 'Copied..'. Suggestion: make it so that the flashing is where I clicked or on the field I copied. Optionally: make this an setting option.

I've passed this request along to the team.

ref: 31170551

5) Click an url: clicking an url, makes it 'open and fill'. Can I have an setting option to have this changed to 'copy' - while still have the ability to 'open and fill' and other menu items in the drop-down like now

The Open (Open and Fill) and copy options currently exist in the dropdown menu for URLs. Could you let us know what problem you are looking to solve by copying the URL field instead of Open and Fill?

Browser plugin
    6) Search: When you click the small icon (in chrome, up to the right) to activate the plugin a mini version of 1password pops out and goes to the search field of it. But…. If 1password was locked, a login screen comes – and after authenticated it goes back to where you where – but the search field is not activated. Suggestion: make search field active even after authenticated

I've included your thoughts for the team in an existing Insight I have opened with the Product team.

ref: 29786253

7) Shortcut to activate this mini version of 1password? Maybe I’ve overlooked how to do that? Guide me please. In 1password7+browser plugin there was a mini version that popped out @mouse position. Can I get that?

1Password mini was a great feature that has been replaced with the more powerful, Quick Access. This can be activated with Ctrl + Shift + Space (by default) and appears at the center of your default screen. I've included a guide here so you can learn more about Quick Access.

With regard to the filed requests, I can't make any promises about when or if the Product team will be able to implement those features in the future. This type of feedback lets us know where improvements can be made so we can enhance the 1Password user experience, where possible. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Do let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help!

• rr4242
    rr4242
    Community Member

1) Cool. Checked it out, and just what I was looking for

3) Maybe I remember wrong version. At some point 1p changed display from "key+value" on same line to the now current method "key+value on new line". Regardless of what I remember, is it possible to get this as an setting option?

5) When it's a desire to not open the link, but instead copy it. Two Examples: 1) Not on vpn, and clicking a link I want to ONLY be opened while on vpn. 2) Copy the link to be opened in another browser where I've no plugins (Edge) [I'm using Chrome with plugins normally).
    As an alternative: ctrl+click = copy. Regardless of how it's implemented, the need for easy access to copy is what I want (not dropdown menu).

7) Nice. Didn't know about this one. Will check it out in more detail.

2, 4, 6) Thx. Looking forward for it :)

• Hello again @rr4242,

Glad to help with the details about reordering of fields and Quick Access. Do let us know if you have any additional feedback here.

With regard to request 3, why would the field name and field value on same line be useful to you? Is this for cosmetic reasons, or do you have a specific use case? Any additional details you can provide will help the team when considering changes like this.

I've filed your request with the team regarding the potential of changing the default click on URL field to copy instead of open and fill.

As always, we can't make any promises about these types of features being added to 1Password, but we're happy to pass this feedback along to the Product team on your behalf.

ref: 31195666

• rr4242
    rr4242
    Community Member

3) purely cosmetics :)

• Thanks for letting me know, @rr4242. I've passed this request along.

ref: 31275280

This discussion has been closed.