Finger print logon

Options
corkyboy
corkyboy
Community Member

On my Android phone to gain full access 1P I just use my fingerprint .....on my Win 11 PC with "Hello" fingerprint login enabled I still have to type in my master password to access 1P...............why, and when is this likely to change please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @corkyboy,

Thanks for message and question about using Windows Hello fingerprint to access 1Password for Windows.

It sounds like you may be required to enter your account password after a fully quitting 1Password or after a device restart. This is expected behaviour unless you have a hardware backed Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 and this setting is enabled within 1Password:

Take a look at these guides and let us know if you are you are still having some difficulties. We'll be happy to help investigate things further.

• corkyboy
    corkyboy
    Community Member
    Options

See attached, I have TPM 2 enabled on my PC, but the use "use trusted TPM" is greyed out, I know not why. So everyday when I turn my PC on I have to enter my lengthy password to open 1P. After that I can awake with my Hello fingerprint. Can you help?

• Hello again @corkyboy,

Thanks for letting us know that you do indeed have the TPM 2.0 enabled on your PC.

Could you try re-enrolling your Windows Hello data by removing and then re-adding all of your Windows Hello options, such as face, fingerprint and PIN? If the option to remove the PIN is greyed out, you may need to disable the option to only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device first. If hardware storage is available, this should move the key over from software to hardware storage and allow you to enable the option to use the TPM with Windows Hello in 1Password 8.

Let us know how you make out!

• corkyboy
    corkyboy
    Community Member
    Options

Tried resetting fingerprint and PIN, did a reboot ( according to Windows my webcam is not suitable for facial recognition so that is not in use) but it made no difference. The icon on the browser (Edge) is locked and when I click on the Task Bar icon I have to enter my password to open it, all a bit of a pain................ starting to have my doubts about 1Password, support is great, but this is all a bit buggy and frustrating methinks!

• corkyboy
    corkyboy
    Community Member
    Options

I've also just installed a Win Hello Facial recognition cam, but I still have to enter the 1P password daily to unlock it.................?

• Hello @corkyboy,

Thanks for your replies. This issue seems to be related to the Windows Hello settings in the app as opposed to the type of device you are using.

To confirm, after removing all of the current Windows Hello options and re-adding them, was the use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello option in 1Password 8 for Windows still greyed out?

If this is the case, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138046/finger-print-logon
    • Your forum username: corkyboy

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.