Offline. Changes will not appear on your other devices until 1password reconnects.

Options
FrankStepo2
FrankStepo2
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Mac

Aloha from Hawaii, I have an individual account with several macs and several iphones. I have been using 1 password for about 6 years, I'm on 1password 8, using Safari with the 1password extension. During a password clean-up effort, my iPhone 13 and my iPhone 14 (iOS 16.3.1) Pro Max started displaying the " Offline. Changes will not appear.... etc" error. All of my devices are on iCloud. Can you help restore me back to normal operation again please?

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari 16.3
Referrer: forum-search:Offline. Changes will not appear on your other devices until 1password reconnects.

Comments

• @FrankStepo2

Shwmae from Wales! 😁

Is is possible that you've changed your email address, Secret Key, or account password, or turned on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account? I notice you said, "during a password clean-up effort", and I'm wondering whether that was part of it?

Also, can you see all the items you're expecting when you sign in to 1Password.com in a browser?

Let me know and I'll be happy to help you further. :)

— Grey

• FrankStepo2
    FrankStepo2
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Aloha Swammi! Thanks for your interest here. When I log into a browser on either iPhone, then log into 1Password, it is the same. There is an icloud symbol with a slash across it, that is displayed on both iPhones. It appears in the top of the window, adjacent to the + sign. The data in them is stuck in time, and is not updating or syncing presently.

I am moving away from using [redacted email address], and so I edited 1Password's to email account to [redacted email address]. This, so the 1Password Emergency Kit information would be correct for those that discover it later. I did this on 2/15/2023, but I did not pay attention to the iPhones much during the clean up. My clean up efforts focused on 1) changing to much stronger passwords, moving my wife away from using Apple Keychain and entering the keychain passwords to 1Password, and solving all of the Watchtower issues.

I had considered changing the secret key (not even sure how to do it, but 1Password is working fine on my M1 and iMac desktop computers) I also considered deleting my 1password on each of the iPhones,then reinstalling the app, expecting it to sync the apps with the computers, but reluctant to do anything on my own, since this data is too important. Im trying to figure out how to make a copy of the logins and passwords so I have a backup incase my secret key is damaged.

Mahalo nui Loa!

Edit: redacted two email addresses

• @FrankStepo2

(I redacted your two email addresses in your comment, for your privacy.)

It'll be best if we help you by email for this to make sure we can walk you through it. Send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• FrankStepo2
    FrankStepo2
    Community Member
    Options

[#VYE-82954-648] Request for 1Password assistance : BitBot # as requested. Mahalo nuI loa! (Hawaiian for thanks a lot) Frank

• @FrankStepo2

I can see your message, and I see that it's been routed to the correct team, so I'll let them reply to you as soon as they can. With that in mind, I'll close this thread so that there's no duplicate answers. :)

This discussion has been closed.