IOS Passwords - How are they autofilled?

Options
crablice
crablice
Community Member

In 1p7 for IOS, how does 1p7 populate the icloud passwords? Does it require the IOS Safari Extension? Will it work with Brave Browser running in IOS? Does Safari get the same 1p7 data that the Mac 1p7 would? What is the difference between how IOS accesses the data and how the Mac Ventura 13.2.1?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @crablice

1Password on iOS uses the built-in Password AutoFill system to autofill in apps and websites. Nothing else is needed to autofill usernames, passwords, and one-time passwords. There's more information about autofill on iOS here:

Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone and iPad

In answer to your questions:

In [1Password] for IOS, how does [1Password] populate the icloud passwords?

It doesn't. It only uses the items you have stored in 1Password.

Does it require the IOS Safari Extension?

No, but the 1Password Safari extension allows you to autofill more into websites than Password AutoFill can. Credit Cards and Identity items can be autofilled using the extension, but can't through bulit-in autofill.

Will it work with Brave Browser running in IOS?

Yes. All apps can use Password AutoFill with 1Password.

Does Safari get the same [1Password] data that the Mac [1Password ] would? What is the difference between how IOS accesses the data and how the Mac Ventura 13.2.1?

If you have an item in 1Password, you'll be able to use it on both your Mac and on iOS. There's no distinction between the two.

I hope that answers your questions fully, but please do let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.