FR: Vault Stacking / Vault grouping

Options

Feature request for a possibility to stack different vaults or to divide them into groups.
The rights should be inherited, but it should still be possible to adjust individual authorisations in the subordinate vaults.

Example:

Corporate clients (Vault group)

Company A (Vault)
Company B (Vault)
Company C (Vault)

Private clients (Vault group)

Mr xy (Vault)
Ms yz (Vault)

Suppliers (Vault group)

Supplier 1 (Vault)
Supplier 2 (Vault)
Supplier 3 (Vault)

What do you think?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @abuechel,

Thanks for taking the time to share your request. I'll be happy to pass this on to the rest of our team for future consideration. If you have some time, could you also share a bit more about your use case? This will help the team better understand how this vault stacking functionality can improve things overall. If you prefer to share your use case privately, you can contact us through email at businesssupport@1password.com.

• abuechel
    abuechel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_max

Thank you for your response!
    I am the person responsible for the introduction of 1password in our company. This puts me right at the source of new ideas.
    We manage many passwords for customers who require our technical equipment. As a result, we need many different safes (one for each customer, or if the customer has several locations, several per customer).
    Now we would like to sort the types of our customers and their locations. And this solution would be very practical.
    This would make user and rights management easier and more scalable. I could also imagine that this would improve the clarity with more than 400 vaults.

• ag_max
    edited February 2023
    Options

Excellent, thanks for providing those extra details.

I've gone ahead and passed on your feedback to our team internally, thanks again for taking the time to share this.

ref: pb-31175940

Edit: There is a somewhat related feature with Collections that allows the grouping vaults within the 1Password 8 app. As a limitation you can view one specific collection at a time, and collections are unique to each team member and they are not displayed for the whole team. This certainly wouldn't address your overall use case, but it might be a potential workaround on an individual level, at least when viewing similar groupings of vaults.

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

• abuechel
    abuechel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_max
    Thanks for your input. The idea of collections is very good maybe you could build on that feature?
    If we could roll the collection out for all users and manage them via adminstrators then it would be the perfect solution.

• ag_max
    Options

Happy to assist. There's definitely a lot of potential with Collections, and I expect that the team will be able to improve them in future releases. Thanks for this extra feedback, and let us if we can be of any help in the future.

This discussion has been closed.