Shortcut keys for copy/cut/paste?

LastPassRefugee
LastPassRefugee
Community Member

As my user name might suggest, I'm new here. So far I've been very pleased with 1Password, but I kept getting into trouble until I realized that the Windows standard shortcut keys for cut, copy, and paste (Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) don't seem to work on 1Password items. I've discovered I can right-click and get a menu with the appropriate commands, but is there some setting I'm missing that would enable those shortcuts? I've tried these forums and the knowlegebase, but I've gotten nowhere.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Browser:_ Multiple (Mostly Brave)
Referrer: forum-search:copy cut paste

Comments

• Hello @LastPassRefugee,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the 1Password Community! I've so glad to hear how much you are liking 1Password so far. 😊

Windows standard keyboard shortcuts will work while an item is being edited, but you've not missed any settings. As you've noticed these shortcuts do not completely line up with the 1Password app outside of editing an item. I've included our guide here to the available 1Password keyboard shortcuts.

It should also be noted that if you're looking to copy a field such as a username or password, you can click or tap the field.

If you need further assistance, just let us know. We're happy to help!

• LastPassRefugee
    LastPassRefugee
    Community Member

Thank you, @ag_mike_d. I think I was getting so frustrated when my copy/paste shortcut attempts didn't work that I missed the distinction between being in edit and not.

Thanks also for the shortcut key link. I had seen the "global" shortcuts, but somehow I'd overlooked all the other ones on that page. I've got some memorizing to do!

• Happy to help, @LastPassRefugee! 😊

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.