How do I delete old passwords?

Options
alanharrismn
alanharrismn
Community Member

This applies to iOS and Windows. 1PW sometimes use an old password when I attempt login. If I manually copy and paste the password to the app, it works fine. Auto fill is the problem, reaching back for old passwords. I am hoping that I can delete the old password from password history but any other suggestion is welcome.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I delete old passwords?

Comments

• Hello @alanharrismn! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing an older password being filled into websites. Password AutoFill on iOS isn't able to fill passwords from an item's password history, it only uses the current saved password. Is it possible that you might have two different copies of a Login item saved in 1Password for the same website? Perhaps stored in two different vaults?

Let's focus on the iOS device first since you posted in the iOS category. Can you also make sure that only 1Password is enabled for Password AutoFill on your iOS device:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. Make sure that any other password manager (such as Keychain) is disabled.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.