Turn on fingerprint option for MacBook--help

Options
BK84722
BK84722
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Mac

Unable to find this option for my mother's account. Somehow did it on mine. She has fingerprint enabled and uses it to open her browsers so it isn't that. When I open 1Password >settings>security, I do not see the option for fingerprint as the directions say. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:fingerprint

Comments

• Hi there @BK84722

You'll need to make sure that you're able to unlock your Mac using Touch ID by following Apple's directions here:

Use Touch ID on Mac – Apple Support

Then, after you're able to successfully unlock your Mac using Touch ID, you should be able to turn on Touch ID to unlock 1Password too.

If that's not the case, send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• BK84722
    BK84722
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Yes, it is on. That was the first thing checked.
    [#JBT-86981-659}

• @BK84722

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that my colleague has already sent you a response over email, please continue the conversation there. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: JBT-86981-659

This discussion has been closed.