stumpapi
Community Member
edited February 2023 in iOS

I keep receiving emails from every web page I open in Safari:

“New 1Password sign-in from iPhone
New sign-in”

How can I stop this?

Comments

• This also happens when history and cookies in safari are cleared. After opening a random website in safari, a email is send that 1Password was used. Probably the iOS safari extension of 1Password is doin something in the background that triggers this email. It would be nice if there is a way to manage or disable this kind of notifications. I understand that they are related to account security but getting these messages all the time (additionally with varying location details because of using iCloud private relay) kind of lead to the “crying wolf” effect.

• locatino
    locatino
    Community Member

This is happening for me also. Can’t figure out what is causing it.

• stumpapi
    stumpapi
    Community Member

Heard back from support that it is a known bug. I turned off the extension in settings for Safari and that fixed it.

• Hello @stumpapi and @locatino! 👋

I'm sorry that you're receiving unexpected emails when using 1Password for Safari on your iOS device. We've received reports from a small number of users that the 1Password for Safari extension is generating repeated sign-in notification emails. As stumpapi mentioned, our developers are aware of the issue and hopefully this is something that we can resolve with a future update. At the moment, we don't have an estimate of when this will be, but would recommend you keep 1Password up to date and check the release notes.

@nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh

Thank you for the feedback. I've passed along your suggestion that users be given the option to manage or disable the email alerts to our product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#10342
    ref: PB-31357231

This discussion has been closed.