Autofill not as reliable on 1P8 (as compared to 1P7)

Options
jmjm
jmjm
Community Member

I admit I don't use 1P lots on my Pixel phone but I do know where 1P8 isn't as good as 1P7 for my circumstances i.e. autofill. For example in my mobile banking app 1P7 would suggest right away what I could use (myself or my partner's log in credentials) whereas there is nothing suggested now that I am using 1P8.

(In settings I have Autofill and Show filling suggestions turned ON (with Display Autofill prompts Above supported keyboards.)

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jmjm,

The difference in the behaviour of autofill between 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 for Android can be due to 1Password 7 for Android also having an accessibility filling option instead of only autofill filling which makes use of the native Android autofill service.

The reason accessibility filling was removed from 1Password 8 for Android is due to Autofill features available on devices running Android 9 being capable of delivering the same or better features than Accessibility-based filling with less impact on performance and battery life.

I'd first suggest changing the Display Autofill Prompts option from "Above supported keyboards" to "Below the fields they relate to" to see if this results in any change or improvement in 1Password autofill.

I hope this helps

— Brendan

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

I'd first suggest changing the Display Autofill Prompts option from "Above supported keyboards" to "Below the fields they relate to" to see if this results in any change or improvement in 1Password autofill.

First of all @BrendanR1P I appreciate you getting back to me with your post. I made the change and at least for the banking website in question it did the trick.

• Great to hear @jmjm! We are continuing to expand and optimize our Autofill feature so we really appreciate feedback like this to help us identify where we can still improve. If there's anything else we can help with, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.