Microsoft Authenticator push notification for 1Password app/website login

noahh
noahh
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Business and Teams

Is it possible to have Push Notifications added for Microsoft Authenticator when trying to log in to 1Password itself?

I would like to add this to my personal account but only the 6-digit code shows up in the app.

If this is not possible, can this be enabled for Business plans? My business is currently using DUO (which works fine) but would like to switch to Microsoft Authenticator / Azure MFA but only if it supports the pop-up without having to insert the code manually.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @noahh! 👋

Push notifications using Microsoft Authenticator are not currently supported for 1Password accounts. That being said, we do have a feature request open to look into adding this sort of feature and I'll add your vote there.

You can still use Microsoft Authenticator as a TOTP 2FA authenticator app for your 1Password account but push notifications won't be available: Turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account

I'd also encourage you to reach out to your account manager or our business team at business@1password.com to discuss this in more detail so that we can learn more about your business' specific needs. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-725

• tgorelick
    tgorelick
    Community Member

I have the same problem. Seeking to migrate from LastPass, and lack of a push notification via MS Authenticator is an adoption hurdle for my users. Any timeline for delivering this enhancement?

• ag_max
    edited March 2023

Hi @tgorelick,

I cannot guarantee the team will be able to implement push notifications for 2FA for your 1Password account via Microsoft Authenticator, though as Dave mentioned, this is something we're tracking internally. I'll go ahead and share your feedback with the appropriate team.

ref: pb-31364167

For now, I do recommend contacting our business team via email at business@1password.com if your team is running into any obstacles with adoption. They can work with you to address these issues and collect your feedback internally.

This discussion has been closed.