Why is "open and fill" inserting wrong user id

My wife and I each have an account at a certain place. My userID is "tomtheiring", her userID is "Lindatheiring"

When using "Open and Fill," 1Password always fills with my userID instead of her userID. (I have to type her userID in and it goes okay)

Open and Fill... always fills password correctly in both accounts.

1Password Version: 1Password for MAC 8.10.0
Extension Version: 1Password for Safari Version 2.7.0 (20238)
OS Version: macOS Monterey 12.6.3
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:"open and fill" inserting wrong user id

Comments

• @theiring

How are you filling? Are you using the keyboard shortcut? Are both logins available on each of your devices?

• theiring
    theiring
    Community Member

It’s not set up in 1Password in her machine yet. I’m in the process of moving over to 1Password from LastPass. She is able to launch and complete okay using LastPass. I have been using the Safari 1Password extension.
    Thanks

• theiring
    theiring
    Community Member

Sorry, I forgot to say, I haven’t tried to use the keyboard shortcut yet. I’m still trying to learn this totally different password manager.

• Hey @theiring,

The behaviour you are describing does sound strange. Can you let me know where you are selecting open and fill? Is this from the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar or from your 1Password desktop app?

Could you also point me at the website in question so I can do some testing on my end?

Finally, can you confirm that you have two separate items saved for the website in question? One with your credentials and one containing your wife's?

Thank you!

• theiring
    theiring
    Community Member

Thank you! Yes, it's from the 1Password icon in my browser which is Safari. My wife and I have separate accounts which we are trying to access. Our usernames are very similar, which are our email addresses....on the same domain. When trying to open her account, 1Password fills with my username EVERY time instead of hers.

• Hey @theiring,

I'd like to take a look at the two items for both accounts to see if I can gain some understanding as to what is happening?

Could you possibly send over screenshots of both of your login items so we can compare the two? If you would prefer to do this over email please attach them to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

Please be mindful to mask any personal information before sending these over.

Thank you!

• theiring
    theiring
    Community Member

I think my whole problem was the LastPass still in my machine bumping heads with 1Password. When I removed both accounts from LastPass, everything seems to be working fine. Thank you, Steph.....and the others who responded with help. I have a great deal of respect for you all!! I'm still trying to learn my way around here but it's kinda hard for an old horse like me. I'm as at least as old as 3 of your ages added together!

• You're most welcome @theiring

I appreciate the tip on both extensions in use. I had not considered it as a possibility. I'll keep that in mind for others. Haha, I'm in the mind 50's. I work with some very young folks. It is indeed always fun working with such young and energetic folks. They constantly astound me. 😁

This discussion has been closed.