Autofill based on Tab Name

Hi there, I use a network appliance at work that changes IP address frequently. I was wondering if there was a way to get 1Password to Autofill based on a tab name. In this example the tab name would be "Pro Convert". That would be an awesome help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill based on Tab Name

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @krocker3, there's not a way to fill logins based on a tab name. However, if you use the 1Password for Windows app, you can pull up Quick Access to quickly locate your login and copy/paste it to the site in your browser: https://support.1password.com/quick-access.

• krocker3
    krocker3
    Community Member

The spirit of what I'm trying to do is be able to auto fill into the fields on the fly though the autofill, but I get "no items to show" it would be a great feature to add based on tab name (If desired) or what about adding a search function where if autocomplete doesn't have what you are looking for you can search for the correct item and it will auto fill right there? That would be sweet!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023

what about adding a search function where if autocomplete doesn't have what you are looking for you can search for the correct item and it will auto fill right there?

@krocker3 this is actually available in 1Password 8 for Mac: https://support.1password.com/mac-universal-autofill.

I've added a feature request to bring this to 1Password 8 for Windows. Hopefully it is something our developers will consider in the future. I can see it working well for our many Windows users.

ref: PB 1227-all-notes/notes/31414040

• krocker3
    krocker3
    Community Member

Thank , that would be a great solution!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@krocker3 I totally agree. I hope it will be possible down the line.

This discussion has been closed.