Feature request for 1Password browser

Options
DaniloSS
DaniloSS
Community Member

Since in iOS we can't add a 1Password extension for our desired browser, you guys from AgileBits could develop a good browser for us. I mean beyond a browser that have access to all our passwords, we would like to have a browser that could download files and also have an easy access to bookmarks (like Top Sites section from Safari for Mac). If you add this two things to 1P browser, we could get rid of all others browsers and downloaders from our devices and keep only 1Password.

Comments

• Hi @DaniloSS,

We do want to dominate the browsers world.... :)

The browser is just going to get better over time, just compare how much we have improved from the original browser in 1Password 3 for iOS and imagine what we could do in the near future. We have many plans for our browser and some are going to be just pure awesome to have.

We'll look into the download feature, especially when we add the support for adding file attachments to your data file in the iOS app.

I don't think it's possible for 1Password to retrieve your bookmarks from Safari if that's what you're asking, we may be able to add a bookmark to Safari's bookmarks but not the other way around. It is possible that we can add our current Favorites view into the browser, so you can find your Login favorites to open quickly in the browser.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• DaniloSS
    DaniloSS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Thanks for your quick response. That is good to see you saying that you want to dominate the browsers world. And I think AgileBits has all tools to develop the best iOS browser!

I downloaded almost all browsers that I saw in App Store and the best one that support downloads is iCab Mobile and also the new version of Mercury Browser. Have a look at these two browsers.

About the bookmarks, I only asked for an easier way to access our bookmarks that already are stored in 1Password. Adding the current Favorites view right into the browser would help a lot. But you also could add a home page with quick links (with thumbnails) for selected websites.

Thanks again @MikeT

• Hi @DaniloSS,

You're welcome. Some of us are fans of iCab Mobile, they definitely have some nice features. Many fans have tried to get us to work with iCab to integrate 1Password deeper but unfortunately, the iOS platform doesn't allow for this.

Top Sites or the home page is something we'd like to do, the empty first tab is boring but it does make it speedy as we don't have to load anything. We'll look into something simple and quick.

Thanks again!

• piecz
    piecz
    Community Member
    Options

Please also consider private browsing controls as exist in many third party iOS browsers.

• Hi @piecz,

We'll add it to our list. For now, you can remove your data via the Settings > Advanced > Reset Web Data.

Thanks!

• Aikasse
    Aikasse
    Community Member
    Options

"Reset web data" should terminated all logged sessions on web services like twitter, gmail... on 1password web browser? I check this, but when I open 1passsword web browser again, my logged sessions still active.

Thanks for your support.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

@Aikasse, both my expectations and experience line up with your own. I've mentioned this to the developers and will report back as soon as I have more information (RM3855).

This discussion has been closed.