FEATURE REQUEST Check if URLs are alive or dead

Options
manxman
manxman
Community Member

Check if URLs are alive or dead. Would be nice to have this instead of checking each old web site manually.

PS1 Where is the feature request page/site?
PS2 Why is the below info important for this post (version etc)?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000055)
Extension Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000055)
OS Version: mac
Browser:_ firefox
Referrer: forum-search:Check if URLs are alive

Comments

• Hello @manxman! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! I'd like to learn a little more about the feature that you're proposing before I pass your request along to the product team:

1. What would be the purpose of checking to see if certain addresses are alive or dead?
    2. Would you like 1Password to check continually? For example, a website might be down for a few hours/days but then come back up.

PS1 Where is the feature request page/site?

You can submit feature requests by making a post in this forum as you have. 🙂

PS2 Why is the below info important for this post (version etc)?

The information helps us make sure that your post is categorized appropriately and also provides context to your request.

-Dave

• manxman
    manxman
    Community Member
    Options

When I designed web sites (years ago) there are URL checkers (soft and online and for bookmarks) that test all URLs if they are still alive/valid or taken down/dead. Many old sites no longer exist but I still have then in my 1Password login list.
    So instead of checking each login for validity, I press a button to flag all those logins that have dead links, so I can select and delete all at once..

• @manxman

Thank you for the clarification. I've passed your suggestion along to the product team, thank you for helping make 1Password better. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-31234946

• eenturk
    eenturk
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah i did a clean-up of my vault recently and came across a lot of dead websites :)

• krischik
    krischik
    Community Member
    Options

That would indeed be a helpful feature.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks folks. I've mentioned this to the team.

ref: 31431446
    ref: 31431630

This discussion has been closed.