Dropbox conflicts with encryption keys and contents.js

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 4.2b3 Unable to Sync to Dropbox.

Comments

• face
    face
    Community Member
    Options

don't know if it's the same issue but i have tons of issue with dropbox sync. i open now the package and in data > defaults i find tons of contents (1) contents (2) contents (3) and so on ... is it normal ? may i delete all that and leave only contents.js ??? i have also 3 encryptionkeys(1).js (2).js and encryptionkeys.js ... may i delete the (1) and (2) one ?

• face
    face
    Community Member
    Options

but i see that the version with majior number is the most recent. how to proceed ? i should move all the file contents and encryptionkeys and rename the file with mayor number with no number ? i'm having tons of dropbox sync issue. could you please suggest a way to fix all those errors ?

• face
    face
    Community Member
    Options

when 1p for mac will introduce icloud support? i'm tired to have all those issue with dropbox !!!

• Hi @face,

Only move the (num) conflicts, don't touch the ones without () regardless of the dates and don't rename anything. Your encryption keys do not change that often and the sync conflicts are always going to be set to the latest date. 1Password is smart to handle the sync conflicts, if wouldn't use those () files if it needed it.

We're working on the 1Password 4 for Mac App Store right now but I don't have a timeframe on when it'll be released. If you're still having issues with Dropbox, please contact us. You shouldn't be having any issues as majority of our users are not having any issues right now.

In addition, even iCloud has its own brand of problems. There are no such thing as a perfect sync solution, the nature of sync itself makes it extremely difficult to be perfect all the time.

• face
    face
    Community Member
    Options

but how to 'clean' not manually all that conflict files ? if i remove sync with dropbox from preference panel on my mac and move the keychain on my mac in other path PI doesn't clean automagically those files with conflict ?

• Hi @face,

As I mentioned previously, 1Password nor Dropbox will not handle it automatically, this is intentional by design, the encryption key and its conflicts should be left alone. This is no tool yet that'll automatically remove them, we might consider in the future. For now, you can only move them out manually.

It can be safely ignored, it will not affect anything and hasn't been a cause of any Dropbox issues. Please do email us if you need help with the Dropbox issue if you have them.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.