Ignored Alerts remain in Ignored after fixing them

I've noticed that if I choose ignore alert in Watchtower, and then later fix that problem, the login item will remain in the "ignored alerts" section. If I view it the banner indicating the problem is gone, but it seems the login item should be removed from that section.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hello @ridogi, thank you for letting us know about this!

I have tried this with a number of different test items and haven't been able to reproduce what you've described. When I change a weak password for an item that's currently in Watchtower's ignore list, it vanishes from that list when I return to Watchtower. Just to check: is this issue still present for you?

Thanks again, and I'll look forward to learning more about this one. 👍

• ridogi
    ridogi
    Community Member

I believe it was a vulnerable password instead of a weak password, but yes that 1 item is still in the ignore list with its new stronger password.

• Thank you, @ridogi. I wonder if this may be related to the other Watchtower issue you described as well. We'll see what we can do to learn more about this in our own testing.

• ridogi
    ridogi
    Community Member

You're welcome. This item does appear in the "ignored alerts" section on both computers so it seems to be a different issue than those other 3 items that are listed as vulnerable only on 1 computer. I'd be willing to try the iOS beta to see what I see with these 2 issues there as well.

• Hello @ridogi , thank you so much for bringing this bug to our attention!
    I was able to reproduce and fix this issue with "Ignored alerts".
    Please watch for it in the upcoming releases notes so you’ll know when it is available.
    Thanks for helping us making the app better and have a wonderful day! :)

• RoelBego
    RoelBego
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

I have the same issue as described above.

App version: 8.9.7
    MacOS version:13.0 (just upgraded previous version was also affected)

• Eurisko78
    Eurisko78
    Community Member

I've got this issue in version 8.10 on windows. The ignored alert was for 1Password 2FA. I've since started using 1Password's 2FA and the item is still in the Ignored Alerts list.

Thanks

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023

@Eurisko78

Apologies for the trouble you've had. This is a known issue. The workaround a lot of folks have been using is to duplicate the entry and then remove the offending entry form inside the ignored alert section.

• Eurisko78
    Eurisko78
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Thanks. I've just seen that in another thread. That worked a treat.

Cheers

• Sounds good Eurisko78 Apologies for the trouble.

This discussion has been closed.