Bug reports filed, now what?

wailam
wailam
Community Member
Hello AgileBits Team,
Myself and a couple of beta testers on this forum have reported several bugs and I'm beginning to wonder if the AgileBits team:
  1. Read these topics
  2. Ack the bug exists
  3. Prioritize the fix in an upcoming release
  4. Will not fix and the reason for not fixing

I wonder if there is a fix list/queue somewhere that beta testers can preview. I also wonder if we should test all prior reported bugs on every new release that Roustem announced. I sincerely hope not assuming that Agile Dev team has at least acknowledge the bugs AND prioritize the fix in an upcoming release.

I hope to see a much more stable and better quality product being released and doing my part as a user to help. Requesting the same from AgileBits team.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Wailam,

I'm sorry about that, we have been behind with the beta forum here, it wasn't intentional. The team has been dealing with a lot of support inquiries from the recent releases of 1Password 4 for iOS (via private support emails), and we're near clearing the backlog to the point that we can be much quicker with the reports here. However, half of the team is out at Macworld this week, so it's going to take another week before we're back to normal response times here.

We are listening and are reviewing your reports. Once we can reproduce the issues, we will validate and acknowledge the report, which will then be added to our internal tracker. If we won't fix it, we will let you know.

There isn't a public tracker for your review, we'll consider it and see if it is possible.

Just to clear up a bit, the changelog that comes in every update is a list of bug fixes we made and we do need you to confirm those bugs are properly fixed. Just because we fixed it, it doesn't mean that the bug is truly gone until you can confirm for us that it is.

We really appreciate you spending the time to report the bugs. If there's anything that you felt was being ignored and needs to be prioritized because of its critical status, just send me a PM and I'll respond much quicker. We're handing the reports starting from the oldest and going toward the newest, so it may take a while before I can finish reviewing the rest of your bug reports.

Again, thank you!

• wailam
    wailam
    Community Member

Hi Mike

I have been reviewing the changelog with every update announcement but have not really seen any of the fixes I reported, or I must have missed them.
    Thanks for responding!

• Hi Wailam,

We have many bugs that we're working on but it's going to take some time to get through them all, we prioritize the crucial issues that impact performances, security and/or data issues. Once those are fixed, we then fix the UI issues and glitches that are not serious. If your bugs are the latter type of which I saw, it may take a while for us to get around it but we'll get it fixed.

This discussion has been closed.