markbot
Community Member

OK Team,

Got a problem:

1Password 8.10.0
 Safari  15.6.1
 1Password for Safari  2.7.0

iMac 2013 running macOS 10.15.7 "Catalina"

I fire up 1Password for Safari, which said to "Open Safari Preferences" and "Turn on 1Password for Safari in Extensions -- but I'm not seeing any 1Password Extension in Safari Extensions.

Perhaps I missed a step (or two)?

Thanks in advance for your help,

-Mark Weisz
Lower 48

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser:_ Safari 15.6.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @markbot, it's strange that you do not see the 1Password extension in Safari. As a first step, are you able to update your macOS to something more current? A while back, we had users run into a similar issue and updating was helpful.

If you're unable to update because of how old your iMac is, then I'd like to check on a few things. Could you share the following:

• A screenshot of the 1Password for Safari app from your /Applications folder
    • A screenshot of the Safari > Preferences > Extensions window

You attach the screenshots to your reply. Please make sure to not include any sensitive information in your screenshots. For help with taking screenshots, check out this link: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Looking forward to hearing from you again!

• markbot
    markbot
    Community Member

Hi Joy,

I've attached a screen shot in which I actually opened 1Password for Safari, together with Safari>Preferences>Extensions.

I have successfully added the 1Password extension to another almost identical iMac (also running macOS 10.15.7 "Catalina"), to a 2015 MacBook Air (running macOS 12 "Monterey"), and a 2012 MacBook Pro (again running macOS 10.15.7 "Catalina"). In all of them, as soon as I opened up "1Password for Safari," the extension was automatically loaded into Safari Extensions.

It was simple and automatic. But not with this particular iMac.

I have twice uninstalled "1Password for Safari" (via LaunchPad) and re-installed, with no success. the 1Password Extension simply isn't showing up in Safari Extensions.

Screenshot attached. Thank you for you thoughts.

-markbot

• @markbot

Can you try the following. If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar

Menu bar > 1Password > Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension.

• markbot
    markbot
    Community Member

Hi ag_tommy,

I tried it -- it's fixed.

Thank you. Your work here is done.

Enjoy the weekend.

-markbot

• I've got another day. So if things change you'll find me here tomorrow. 🙂 Enjoy the weekend if we don't talk before then.

This discussion has been closed.