two-step verification still displays as Available although it is already setup

Options
bobsully
bobsully
Community Member

I am going through the WatchTower process and it display the apps that have two-step verification available. Although I can set them up, the don't get tagged as Done or Already Enabled. This would be a helpful feature unless it is there, but not working.

1Password Version: 8 for Mac
Extension Version: Can't easily find
OS Version: Ventura 4.3.2
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:two-step verification still displays as Available although it is already setup

Comments

• bobsully
    bobsully
    Community Member
    Options

Better understanding of how it should work, I am finding that some sites that have authorization enabled are removed from the list, while others are not. I've checked and tested and the verification is enabled.

• Hi there @bobsully

Items in the "Two-Factor authentication available" list in Watchtower will automatically be removed from that list if you set up 1Password as the authenticator for them:

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

When an item has a one-time password field, it won't appear in that list. If you're using a different two-factor authentication method, like SMS*, you can click Ignore in the Watchtower banner to remove it from that list manually.

*SMS-based two-factor authentication is considered insecure and should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Wherever possible, you should change to using TOTP (time-based one-time passwords), such as those provided by 1Password.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• bobsully
    bobsully
    Community Member
    Options

So far I cannot get to the URL provided. I will check back later.

• @bobsully

Are you still unable to access the directory? If you can't then please try this direct link: https://2fa.directory/

If that still doesn't work then let me know. 🙂

-Dave

• bobsully
    bobsully
    Community Member
    Options

Same error in Safari and in Chrome (which I prefer never to use) gives me this message:
    However I have visited each site individually to determine the requirements for two-factor and have completed all the sites recommended for authentication. I am using the 1P auth app feature which makes it helpful.

• @bobsully

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. Is it possible that you've modified the certificates on your Mac in anyway? Or do you have security/anti-malware software that might be filtering your network traffic either on your Mac or network?

Is there another device that you could use to try to access the website?

However I have visited each site individually to determine the requirements for two-factor and have completed all the sites recommended for authentication. I am using the 1P auth app feature which makes it helpful.

I'm glad that you were able to enable two-factor authentication for your accounts. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.