Installation problem on Apple devices

Options
mgrigat
mgrigat
Community Member

I just started with a family plan and installed 1password successful on a pc under chrome browser. I printed the 1password emergency kit and started my installation attempt on my Mac at home (Ventura 13.2.1) I went into Safari to the startup website, entered my secret key and my master password but received the message that my password was not correct. I doublechecked a few times without any change. I installed Chrome on my MAC, tried the same and was able to complete the installation. I do not use Chrome and went back to Safari to check with same login information. Again not accepted. I installed the safari extensions and it suddenly worked. Now I went to my iPhone 12 (iOS 16.3.1). I downloaded 1password 8 from App Store. My master password is again not accepted. I entered the key manually, scanned and tried everything. Is there also an extension that I need to install? This is really frustrating and not encouraging. What am I doing wrong? I have not even started with my family members.

1Password Version: latest - cannot see since I cannot unlock
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: iOS 16.3.1
Browser:_ app / safari

Comments

• @mgrigat

Can you access 1Password.com? Is you password 10 characters or longer? It sounds like you may have previously been using a standalone or 3rd party sync setup and just moved to 1Password 8. That's often where we see unlock password confusion coming in. Make sure you are using the password you use to access 1Password.com

• mgrigat
    mgrigat
    Community Member
    Options

I can access 1password.com on my pc and now on MAC after I installed safari extension. The error on MAC was the same before installing the extension. My password is 22 character long. I have only used keychain from iCloud no3 rd party sync setup. I use same passport and key for all devices.

• @mgrigat

I'm sorry that you're having trouble signing into 1Password on your devices. I see that you've sent in an email to the support team. One of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: STG-87582-287

This discussion has been closed.