1Password.exe version from MSI installer

Options
olli_QPR
olli_QPR
Community Member

We are planning to migrate to the MSI deployment of 1Password in our organization. In preparation phase we noticed that the stated product version and version of the 1Password.exe from the msi installer does not match. In MSI installer for 1Password 8.10 the deployed 1Password.exe appears to be 8.9.7 or something on those lines.

This makes some of our monitoring systems etc. very difficult to implement if the file version does not match and cannot be readily determined from the product version.

Is this an oversight or is the version mismatch an expected feature?

1Password Version: 8.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 22H2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @olli_QPR,

Thanks for reporting this to us. I've been able to confirm what you are seeing, and it does seem like a bug/oversight that the 1Password app reports it's version as 8.10.0 while the exe shows Windows it's version 8.9.7. I'm checking with our team to see what we can do about this.

I'll post here again when there is any news, or we can move this conversation to email if you'd prefer.

Thank you,

• Hey again @olli_QPR,

I'm told this has been addressed and will be fixed in the next update, which will probably be released soon. If you'd like to watch our 1Password releases page, update notes will be post there when the next update is released.

Once the next update is released, you can then download the latest MSI again, directly from https://downloads.1password.com/win/1PasswordSetup-latest.msi or by visiting our Deploy 1Password for Mac and Windows support article.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions!

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.