Unable to sort Credit Cards by Expiry Date

Options
Eric3951
Eric3951
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Mac

In 1Password 7, I found it helpful to be able to sort my credit cards by expiry date, which allowed me to keep track of when they would expire.

However, I've noticed that in 1Password 8 this sorting feature is no longer available on both MacOS and iOS.

As someone who travels frequently, I can't always depend on being in a location where my expiring credit card will be automatically replaced by the bank. Therefore, I need to set my own reminders and occasionally replace a card manually.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000055)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 13.2.1 (22D68)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Eric3951! 👋

With 1Password 8, you can use Watchtower to find credit cards that are either expired or expiring within 2 months:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 8.
    2. Tap on Watchtower in the sidebar.
    3. Click Show Items under the Expiring section.

You can read more here: Check for expiring items

Does that provide a solution for your need to be aware of expiring credit cards? 🙂

-Dave

• Eric3951
    Eric3951
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, the expiring items section within the Watchtower is insufficient as it has to fit these hard-coded criteria:

• credit cards, memberships, and driver’s licenses that are expiring within 2 months
    • passports expiring within 9 months
    • items that have already expired

As of now in my 1Password 8 interface, that expiring items section is hidden as none of my items fit the criteria.

It is incredibly powerful to have cards listed in the year of their expiry and sorted—you get an instantaneous overview.

There is no fitting replacement in 1Password 8.

• @Eric3951

Thank you for the feedback, I've filed a feature request on your behalf for a "Card Expiry" sorting option with the product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-31473873

• Eric3951
    Eric3951
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Understood, thank you 🙂

• Thank you again for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.