"Sticky" Quick Access

Options
hrosenman
hrosenman
Community Member

I'm hoping this is already possible. If not, please consider it a feature request. I'd like to be able to make Quick Access "sticky", so it remains on the screen and I don't have to repeatedly invoke it with the shortcut key when copying multiple items from an entry. Some apps do not accept autofill, so I must copy the username, password, and OTP individually from 1Password. If using Quick Access, this requires 3 invocations of the feature. It would be so much better if I could copy/paste each item and then dismiss Quick Access when I'm done.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:quick access

Comments

• Hey there @hrosenman

I'll pass along that suggestion! You might also try pressing ⌘O (Command–O) on an item in Quick Access to open it in a floating window. Then, clicking any field will copy it and you can paste it into another app. The floating window looks like this:

Dragging a field from the floating window into the appropriate place may also mean that you don't have to copy and paste, but some apps won't accept that as input. Give it a go and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

ref: 31499543

• hrosenman
    hrosenman
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, very good, thank you! (but I stand by my feature request! Perhaps a checkbox in preferences for whether it is sticky or not?).

• @hrosenman

I see that Grey has already filed an internal feature request on your behalf. Thank you for the suggestion! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.