an item related to the IRS showed up in my husbands one password that he did not input.

Options
JAG559
JAG559
Community Member

There is no category that fits this so I just put MAC. There is an item in my husband's shared family account on his onepassword that he did not input. The user name is one that he would never use, but it consists in part, of family names. Only he and I have access to the onepassword. The phrase to recognize the account is a profane phrase, the image is a bathtime rubber duck--the pass word is also one he would never use. It was created on november 7 2020. He just noticed it today. The item is named IRS-Doug account and he does not have an IRS account. There is an option on this itme to 'show web form' details but we don't want to click on any of this becasue it is fake definitely fake. This is disturbing because it feels like he's been hacked. Nothing else seems amiss and not other 'item's" like bank accounts, etc have been hacked that he is aware of.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:an item related to the IRS showed up in my husbands one password that he did not input.

Comments

• @JAG559

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. Someone from the security team would be most willing to help you sort this.

If you would be so kind as to include a link to this discussion, along with your username that would be most helpful.

Link: https://1password.community/discussion/138518/an-item-related-to-the-irs-showed-up-in-my-husbands-one-password-that-he-did-not-input
    Username: JAG559

• JAG559
    JAG559
    Community Member
    Options

Will do and thanks. I will ask him to reach out directly from his email.

• Thank you, our security team will begin an investigation as soon as they receive your husband's email.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.