Application exits on rpm-ostree update

Options
tdegroot96
tdegroot96
Community Member

I am using 1Password on Fedora 37 Silverblue. Whenever I update my system using rpm-ostree update, the files in the directory have different change times (as in stat). When that happens, 1Password exits with the message:

Application binary and/or it's directory was moved or replaced, exiting.

This is very annoying, because I very often have to fill in my passphrase and cannot unlock 1Password with biometric login because it exited because rpm-ostree has run. While I totally understand that 1Password might say: "that sounds more like an rpm-ostree problem", I do think that it shouldn't exit in most cases, because the app exits even when 1Password hasn't really changed.

Anyway, I wonder what you guys think, looking forward to your reply!

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Fedora 37 Silverblue
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @tdegroot96, thanks for reaching out. I'll pass this along to our developers to gather their input and get back to you soon!

Ali

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @tdegroot96, this is done intentionally because sometimes the ASAR file has parts replaced during an update, resulting in the app rendering garbage strings and breaking. This is because the whole ASAR file is usually "seeked" from disk, so an update while running can result in the offset locations being messed up.

I hope that clarifies things for you. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.