Request: Save new password *after* site accepts it

Options
alfalfasprouts
alfalfasprouts
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Right now the popup to save a new generated password for a site appears after choosing to use the new password. On Lastpass they would wait until you've saved the password to offer to save it. I think this is preferable. If the site rejects your new account for some reason you don't have to edit the saved password. Site may reject because the username is already used, they have stupid password restrictions, the captcha failed, or forgot to fill in some field in a giant new account form.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @alfalfasprouts,

Thanks for your insightful feedback. You're correct, 1Password will prompt the saving window whenever you click the generated password. I understand that it might cause an interruption in the process, as you mentioned. I will share your thoughts with our team. Again, your feedback is much appreciated.

Meanwhile, let's say the new account creation failed and you have to edit the registration info. We can click a newly generated password again, and we shall see the saving window again. This time, we can upgrade the previously saved item. Here's a demo GIF for this situation:

I understand and apologize if the workaround is ideal. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• alfalfasprouts
    alfalfasprouts
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alfalfasprouts on behalf of Kevin, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.