1 Password will not autofill on all websites.

Options
HLG
HLG
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

On all my chromebooks which have 1 Password version 2.7.0, every time I sign in to my 1 Password account, and then go to any website, and click on the username or password box, the 1 Password icon logo will not show. The only way to make it work, is to uninstall the 1 Password extension and reinstall. This is getting very frustrating, and this started happening in the past few days.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Chrome OS
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @HLG,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not seeing the 1Password icon. Is this strictly within the username/password fields or in the browser's toolbar as well? If it's within the fields, can you let us know if you have "Offer to fill and save passwords" enabled in 1Password in your browser's settings? Here's how to check:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. Scroll down to the Autofill section and ensure "Offer to fill and save passwords" is toggled on.
    • If you'd like the suggestions to automatically appear when the field is in focus you can also toggle on "Show autofill menu on field focus".

I look forward to hearing from you!

• HLG
    HLG
    Community Member
    Options

Every day it's strictly in the username /password fields. It happened again today and after I uninstall and reinstall the chromebook extension it starts working again. I have checked the settings and all are set correctly. This just started to happen this week. All 3 of my chromebooks have the same problem.

• HLG
    HLG
    Community Member
    Options

Again today the only way I can get it to fill the username and password is to uninstall the chromebook extension and reinstall. Since it happens every day, it's getting very frustrating. Thanks for any help.

• HLG
    HLG
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Every day the 1 password Icon will not show in the username or password box on every website. The only way I can get it to work is to uninstall the extension and reinstall. This is getting very frustrating since I have to do this multiple times every day. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this problem. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: 2.5.0
    OS Version: chrome os
    Browser:_ chrome

• HLG
    HLG
    Community Member
    Options

"Offer to fill and save passwords" is enabled. When I uninstall the Chromebook Extension and reinstall, it works for a while and then I have to do it again and again. Very frustrating.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @HLG

The next time you encounter this issue, before reinstalling 1Password, I'd like to ask you to grab some logs for us so we can see what state 1Password is in when the problem is occurring. First, note the time that you tried to fill and the operation failed. With that information written down, please follow this guide on gathering these logs:

Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

(Note: This will require that you have access to developer mode on your Chromebook. If the device is managed by an IT department, you may not. In that case, please have your IT team reach out and we'll be happy to work with them.)

Attach the logs to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138477/1-password-will-not-autofill-on-all-websites
    • Your forum username: HLG
    • The time you noted above

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

Ben

• HLG
    HLG
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I submitted the Console report to support+forum@1password.com at 6:30 AM today 3/8/23 : Below is a copy of the report.

I have not received a Support ID number as of now.

https://1password.community/discussion/138477/1-password-will-not-autofill-on-all-websites

forum username: HLG

[removed by 1Password staff — this is a public forum]

• Hi @HLG,

I've managed to locate your ticket. Let's continue the conversation over there, and I'll close this thread to prevent having the same conversation in two different places.

This discussion has been closed.