None of my new passwords will save, neither will password1 generated passwords save

Options
jen1
jen1
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

None of my new passwords will save, neither will 1password generated passwords save. I am not able to manually add them either, so I only have passwords saved to my account that were imported into 1password. I really like this app, but if I cannot save new passwords nor generate new ones and save, I cannot use this any longer

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:None of my new passwords will save, neither will password1 generated passwords save

Comments

• Hi @jen1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with saving your passwords. Can you confirm which version of 1Password you're using and if you're seeing any error messages such as "Unable to save item" ?

I look forward to hearing from you!

• jen1
    jen1
    Community Member
    Options

On my android; version 8.10.0. On Chrome, it does not say anywhere that I can find.

When I am prompted to create a new password on a site, I see the option pop up to "generate password" but nothing happens when I try to click on it.

Also, yes, I get the error "unable to save item".

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jen1 can you share a screenshot of the error from Chrome on your Android device? This is something we've seen in the browser on desktop, but I don't believe this has occurred on Android just yet. I'll double check while waiting for your screenshot. Talk to you again soon.

• jen1
    jen1
    Community Member
    Options

If you have a solution to resolve it in Chrome, then I would be fine just getting that working. Please let me know the fix for browser on desktop! Thank you!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023
    Options

@jen1 on desktop, it sounds like the issue is related to the extension syncing to our server and saving your logins (as well as generated passwords). Could you try the following to re-sync your account and see if it helps?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.

If you use the 1Password desktop app on your computer, please go back and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app". If you do not use the 1Password desktop app, then please leave it off.

After that, please test things out by saving a new login. If the same issue is still present, then let us know the following:

• Do you have 2fa enabled on your 1Password account?
    • Do you have the 1Password app installed?
    • What version of the extension are you using?

We look forward to hearing from you again.

This discussion has been closed.