Wavebox extension not unlocking with Mac app

Options
jacob1p
jacob1p
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

When I reboot my Mac, I have to enter my password in the 1Password Mac app to unlock it. That also automatically unlocks the Chrome extension. However, it does not unlock the Wavebox extension; I have to enter the password there too.

Similarly, when restarting Chrome, the 1Password extension is automatically unlocked since the Mac app is unlocked. However, when restarting Wavebox, I have to enter the password in the extension to unlock it.

Is that a bug?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Wavebox Chromium

Comments

• Hi @jacob1p , thanks for reaching out!

Using app integration to unlock 1Password in the Wavebox browser requires using the beta version of 1Password.

• jacob1p
    jacob1p
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @david.m_1P . Is that the beta version of Mac app or extension or both? If extension, the link you sent does not show a beta version for Wavebox. Should I choose Chrome?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jacob1p, sorry for the confusion about this. You'll only need to install the beta version of the 1Password app in order for shared lock state to work: https://support.1password.com/betas.

There's no need to install the beta version of the extension (via the Chrome Web Store) unless it's something you simply want to try. I do use the beta version of the extension, and it works really well for me.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

• jacob1p
    jacob1p
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Joy_1P. I updated to the beta Mac app, and indeed the shared lock state works now!

• Thanks for getting back to us @jacob1p.

On behalf of Joy, you are most welcome!

• jacob1p
    jacob1p
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again, I have the Beta channel, and it updated to Beta 8.10.3 Mac. But then today, it updated to Production 8.10.3, even though the Beta channel is enabled. How do I get it to download the Beta app and stay on Beta?

• Hey @jacob1p,

I'm sorry for the trouble, it sounds like you maybe running into an issue where the release channel isn't being set properly. I think at this point it would be useful if you could send an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread so our team can take a closer look into what is happening and best advise.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.