1Password not launching at login

I have the application in log in but it's just stopped launching at start up. Previously it would appear briefly in the menu but then disappear. Now nothing appears at all.

1Password Version: 8.10.1-1.BETA
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: 13.3
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @TomWolsky! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password for Mac isn't launching at startup. As a start can you please check the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Settings.
    4. Click on General.
    5. Make sure that both "Start at login" and "Keep 1Password in the menubar" are enabled.

Let me know if that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Keep 1P in the menu bar is not checked. Does it have to be for this to work? They’re already too much in the menu bar with items that can only appear there.

Thanks.

• @TomWolsky

If you disable "Keep 1Password in the menubar" then 1Password will still launch in the background but you just won't see the icon in the menubar. You can verify that 1Password is running by invoking Quick Access by pressing Shift-Command-Space bar on your keyboard.

Where did you want to see 1Password appear when you start your Mac?

-Dave

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

I'm fine if it opens, and I can collapse it into Stage Manager on launch. I use it so much that I really like to have to open from the start.

• @TomWolsky

You can have the main window open at login by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in your Dock and then clicking Options > Open at Login.

However, you don't need to have the main window open to have access to 1Password. Quick Access gives you the ability to search for, and open, items from anywhere on your Mac: Get to know Quick Access

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.