Fastmail to mask email address in corporate environment (e.g. with a custom domain example.com)

eingfoan
eingfoan
Community Member

dear 1pw team,

I am trying to setup for my company let's say example.com a fast mail account that masks all our email addresses if users add accounts to 1pw.

what I am trying to is:

setup a subdomain mask.example.com which I wanted to add to my fast mail account.

so in optimum it would look like this:
a user John.Doe@example.com would then be masked with: 8493frkfuirfenrfunrf@m.example.com

but I really don't get it how to do this. is this a non support thing?

Chris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @eingfoan,

I'm not able to help with the Fastmail side of things, but I know you'll need to set up the domain with them and do something to make the domain available to other members of your account. As a starting point, check our their masked email support guide: https://www.fastmail.help/hc/en-us/articles/4406536368911-Masked-Email

• You may want to contact their support team if you have any trouble generating masked emails using the custom domain within Fastmail.

Once Fastmail is able to use the custom domain for masked emails, your team mates can follow our Use 1Password to create and manage Masked Emails in Fastmail support guide to sign in with Fastmail and start generating masked emails with 1Password.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions!

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.