1password-cli doesn't work with apt / ubunti (connecting to desktop app: connection reset)

mangotre
mangotre
Community Member
edited March 2023 in CLI

Problem:

$ op signin --debug
6:16PM | DEBUG | Session delegation enabled
6:16PM | DEBUG | NM request: NmRequestAccounts
[ERROR] 2023/03/02 18:16:58 connecting to desktop app: connection reset, make sure the CLI is correctly installed and Connect with 1Password CLI is enabled in the 1Password app
  • I have installed op / 1password-cli using the exact instructions for Linux > Apt here: https://developer.1password.com/docs/cli/get-started/
  • I have enabled "Connect with 1password CLI" in Settings > Developer
  • I get the same problem on two Linux machines with identical setup.
$ op --version

$ which op
/usr/bin/op

Is this a bug?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Xubuntu 22.04.2 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• richt
    richt
    Community Member

I have exactly the same problem. Not matter what I do, I can't get it to connect. The ssh-agent works, but nothing else. Help!

• Hi @richt / @mangotre:

Which method of installing 1Password for Linux did you each use? If you've used Flatpak or Snap, it isn't possible for 1Password for Linux to communicate with 1Password CLI.

Let me know!

Jack

• mangotre
    mangotre
    Community Member

I used apt.

• Hi @mangotre:

In that case, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Linux)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138451/1password-cli-doesnt-work-with-apt-ubunti-connecting-to-desktop-app-connection-reset#latest
    • Your forum username: mangotre

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

• mangotre
    mangotre
    Community Member

I just found out that I'm getting the error described when I'm using the Fish shell, but not bash.

• mangotre
    mangotre
    Community Member

Support ID: #FGL-26511-462

This discussion has been closed.