Home page showing "Set up your Home screen"

Options
Borge
Borge
Community Member

Hi, when I open the 1password app on my phone the home page sometimes show "Set up your Home screen" instead of my recently used passwords. I have already set it up and if I close the app and open it again the passwords will show up. It usually happens if I haven't used the app for a while.
I can still search for passwords in the app and autofill works flawlessly.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Borge, thanks for letting us know about this behavior on your device.

I've seen this behavior on occasion after resetting my app data or reinstalling 1Password. For me, this behavior has not persisted much beyond the initial reset/reinstall. I'd like to ask you to close 1Password completely then restart your device then let us know if this behavior continue for you. You can close 1Password completely with these steps:
    1. If 1Password is open in Recents, remove it from Recents.
    2. Open device settings and tap App > 1Password > Force Stop.
    3. Restart your device.

Let us know how that goes!

• Borge
    Borge
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy Thanks for your reply. I followed the steps you listed but unfortunately I've had the same issue afterwards. It's been like this since I started using 1password at the beginning of January.

• Thanks for giving that a try @Borge, I'm sorry for the ongoing issue here.

Next I'd like to ask you to try reinstalling 1Password for Android. Before doing so, please confirm you can sign in on 1Password.com or another 1Password app.

If the issue continues after reinstalling, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138120/home-page-showing-set-up-your-home-screen
    • Your forum username: Borge

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

• Borge
    Borge
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy Reinstalling the app did not work, so I tried to make a diagnostics report. Every time I click "send diagnostics" in the app I get a message that I need to set up an email app on my device. I'm using gmail on my phone so I don't know what that is about.

• ag_audrey
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hey @Borge, it sounds like you may have run into a known bug where 1Password fails to detect the default mail app. The development team is aware and working on a fix at this time. My apologies for the trouble this has caused.

As a temporary workaround, you can install a total of three email apps on your Android device. You will not need to create additional email accounts or even open these apps after installing. On top of Gmail, you can install Microsoft Outlook and Fastmail, then repeat the steps Timothy shared earlier to send a diagnostic report. After tapping "Send diagnostics", you should see an option to select a mail app like so:

Let us know how that goes!

ref: dev/core/core#19153

This discussion has been closed.