MFA for each 1Password login needed

Options
DaemonSa
DaemonSa
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Good day together,

I have enabled MFA via authenticator in the 1Password settings. However, the MFA is not requested on every login. According to the settings, MFA is only used when something in the profile is to be changed or the 2nd factor is needed at the first login by a device, never asked again after that.
Sorry, that is not MFA.
How do I enable MFA to be asked every time I log in from a browser, any browser or mobile app?

best wishes,
DaemonSA

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.
Browser:_ each

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DaemonSa, thanks for reaching out! I understand how important it is to ensure that your data stays secure. Setting up 2FA for your account is a good idea, and it does provide for another layer of protection. That said, the main protection for your encrypted data is your Account Password. That is what 1Password requires every time your extension or app is locked. 1Password will prompt you for 2FA only when you add a new device to an account. It is not possible to configure it to ask for 2FA upon each login.

For more insight on this topic, I recommend taking a look at a previous discussion that we've had about it here in the 1Password Community: How to setup two-factor authentication upon each login into 1PW?

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.