Logging into browser extension triggers browser login page

Options

I'm on a Mac (Monterey 12.6.3), using Firefox 110.0.1. When I login using the 1Password extension, it completes the process but then immediately redirects and triggers the browser login page to open in a new tab. In preferences, I turned off the "Connect 1Password in the browser" setting, but it has had no effect. I never use the browser version of 1Password, so I'm hoping there's a fix because this is uber annoying! I don't use Safari, but this issue doesn't occur in my Chrome-based browser (Brave).

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: MacOS Monterey 12.6.3
Browser:_ Firefox 110.0.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @happygrrly, sorry about the issue with 1Password in Firefox. I'll get started by asking some questions:

When I login using the 1Password extension, it completes the process but then immediately redirects and triggers the browser login page to open in a new tab.

Does this happen every time you unlock the extension, or does it happen intermittently? Do you get any error messages at all? Do you have 2fa enabled for your account?

In preferences, I turned off the "Connect 1Password in the browser" setting, but it has had no effect.

Hmm, can you turn this setting back on? It should stay on for the app and extension to work properly. Though it may not be the cause of the issue you're seeing, turning it off can cause more issues down the road.

I never use the browser version of 1Password

Do you mean that you do not use the extension very much? Do you want to use the extension independently from the app? What is your ideal workflow? I am asking so that I can incorporate how you use 1Password into any recommendations that I make later on.

Lastly, I noticed that you stated you are using 1Password v 8.9.10. That's an older version of the app. Can you update that to our latest release of 1Password v 8.10.1? Here's how to update the 1Password app: https://support.1password.com/update-1password/

After updating, please test the extension in Firefox to see if it will connect with the app. Let us know how that goes and let us know about all the above. Talk to you again soon.

This discussion has been closed.