IOS

bennettdh
bennettdh
Community Member

1Password works fine on Windows, but does nothing on IOS 15.7.3. How do I sync so that it is available on my iPhone, and auto fills?

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: IOS 15.7.3
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:IOS

Comments

• Hello @bennettdh! 👋

If you can see all of your items when you open and unlock 1Password 8 from your iPhone's home screen then you can enable Password AutoFill for 1Password so that you can save and fill passwords in other apps:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If you don't see your items when you open and unlock 1Password 8 from your iPhone's home screen then let me know if you see them when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).

-Dave

• bennettdh
    bennettdh
    Community Member

Hello Dave,

I am so greatful form your response. I have been struggling for days now.

I can now see all my items when Autofill enabled.

However, if I click on the link to the target web site athough it takes me there it does not autofill anything, not the name nor the password.

I am wondering if it's anything to do with having two email addresses, a gmail one and a .com one (for Outlook).

Any observations?

Best,

Denis

• @bennettdh

I'm happy to hear that you're able to see your items. Once you open a website, you'll need to tap on either the username or password field and then tap on the Password AutoFill prompt that appears above your keyboard:

The prompt may just say "Passwords". Let me know if tapping on the prompt allows you to fill your login into websites on your iPhone. 🙂

-Dave

• bennettdh
    bennettdh
    Community Member

Good morning Dave,

Please accept my apologies for the tardy response to your fantastic email. I say fantastic because on the small amount of testing this morning it appears to work.

Thank you very much indeed.

Best,

Denis
    P.S. one more question, where is
    iphone: press the 1password icon in your browser's toolbar to unlock

• @bennettdh

this morning it appears to work

Great! That's good news. :)

where is [on] iphone: press the 1password icon in your browser's toolbar to unlock

On an iPhone, you'll need to tap the "ᴀA 🧩" icon at the left end of the address bar, then tap 1Password in the menu that appears. Hope that helps!

— Grey

• bennettdh
    bennettdh
    Community Member

Again, I can't thank you enough

• I'm happy that we were able to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.