Formatting in the notes area

Options
kirky29
kirky29
Community Member

I would love to be able to format the notes attached to my login information. (not the secure notes bit)

At least basic formatting such as being able to bold, underline and maybe change the colour of text.

I'd like to think this was relatively easy :)

1Password Version: 8.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

You already can, using Markdown:

https://support.1password.com/markdown/

• Infideluxe
    Infideluxe
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

This does not work for me (Mac OS 12.6, Airbook) in a Chrome browser (Version 110.0.5481.177) using 1Password Chrome extension version 2.7.0

And on my Settings page, there is absolutely no mention of Formatting or Markdown.

Any guidance on navigating my Settings would be appreciated. Thank you.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I think that configuration option is only available in the "native" 1Password App?

• I don't see such a setting in the extensions for Safari and Firefox (I don't know for Chrome; trying to stay away from Google software)
    • In the "native" App it's on the "General" tab of the Settings page

(but the extensions do properly display Markdown that I entered in the "native" 1Password App)

• Hi all.

What @XIII has said is correct (thanks!) – the settings for Markdown are in the main 1Password app (Settings > General).

You'll see Markdown formatting rendered correctly in 1Password in the browser, and you can use Markdown formatting when editing items on 1Password.com too.

This discussion has been closed.