Require Master Password Re-prompt

Options

I have seen on this site that numerous people have requested the ability to set password re-prompt for highly sensitive sites, and I second that. An alternate approach is to have some passwords require 2FA, which would also meet my needs. Basically there should be a different level of security required to access my bank accounts, retirement accounts, medical records, etc. than there is to access this forum, or to log on to petmeds or doordash.

Perhaps even more important is requiring the password re-prompt to change settings in the 1Password application itself. For example, I have the security setting for auto-logout set for 10 minutes. If I walk away from my computer while it is unlocked, somebody wandering by could (within that 10 minutes) change the setting to Never auto lock.

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @dwkominsky,

Thank you for taking the time to suggest ways in which we can improve 1Password. I applaud you for taking your security online so seriously. I can see where you are coming from with wanting to require your account password again in certain scenarios so I have passed your feedback on to our product team for consideration.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!

ref: PB31578660

This discussion has been closed.